Singing in the New Year, the Wesley Choir from Chapelwood United Methodist Church in Houston, TX cruised to Cozumel on January 2nd. They shared their love of singing, provided donations to benefit the community and enjoyed the island’s beauty at Chankanaab Park.
It was great to host this enthusiastic, positive group of approximately 60 youth choir members and 20 adults. They sang an inspirational selection of “Praise His Holy Name” in the entrance palapa at Chankanaab. The youth raised funds prior to their cruise to bring 170+ Spanish bibles and a generous cash donation to purchase additional bibles to support outreach ministries on the island. ojoijio joi jihweirh rweriuhweriuhweriuhweriuh weroij
Receiving the donation of bibles on behalf of the Cozumel community was a delegation of 14 local pastors and their family members; representatives from Christian mission and rehabilitation efforts; as well as volunteers who coordinated this volunTOURism event. The bibles will be shared among various church congregations and new mission efforts.
Chapelwood’s donation is an extension of the Bible Blessings project initiated in October 2008 by SAIL (Solid Assurance in the Lord). SAIL is a women’s bible study cruise group that visits Cozumel annually and has developed an ongoing mission sponsorship of Christian outreach efforts and programs for children and families in need.
XXX XXX XXX XX XXX XXX XXX XX XXX XXX XX XXXXX XXXX XXX XXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXX XXX XXX
This truly was a collaborative effort to benefit the community:
- Choir members and their families shared their singing talent and donated bibles
- Bob Lindsey, Wesley Youth Choir Director, initiated local contact to include giving/volunteerism as part of their group’s Cozumel experience
- Sherri Davis, Cozumel Volunteer Connection, planned and coordinated the event
- Karen and Larry Pedersen, Friends of Cozumel, facilitated involvement of local pastors and purchase of additional bibles with donated funds
- Jose Manual Ruiz Gomez and Mariela Cruz Laynez, Vida Abundante Pastors, organize sharing of donated resources among various churches/missions