Make a donation
Thanks so very much for your interest in supporting efforts for Cozumel families in need, especially women and children. We are very grateful for in-kind and cash contributions of any size . . . your $$$ donations can go a long way in helping a specific family or supporting a project or organization with community-wide impact. We typically meet with local leaders quarterly to identify their highest priority needs and we maintain a list of needs for specific families.
It is our privilege as Friends of Cozumel volunteers to partner with you to receive your donation and ensure every dollar (or peso) is invested according to YOUR intentions. If you are interested, please follow this steps:
1. Decide what effort(s) you would like to support.
If you are unsure, read through other sections of this website for more information about specific mission efforts on the list below or simply select “Cozumel Greatest Need”.
2. Decide how you prefer to donate.
3. Tell us if you would like special follow-up of your donation
We’re glad to provide an informal electronic update, share photos or scanned copies of receipts. Donors who provide US tax deductible donations via Nacogdoches Community Church will receive written acknowledgement for their tax records.
Decide how your donation is to be used from the list below.
Write your selection on the memo line of your check. If you are using your bank’s online bill pay service we would ask that you send an email to confirm how your donation is to be used. This email should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children, Families and Volunteers in General
- Cozumel Greatest Need (We’ll determine how to invest your donation based on current list of needs)
- Cozumel Children with Disabilities (Therapy equipment, Casita Corazon, activities with children)
- Cozumel Families in Need (Despensas/food supplies; specific health needs; home improvements)
- Cozumel _________ Family (Specify sponsorship of which family . . . Jose’s, Raquel’s, Miriam’s or others)
- Cozumel Volunteers/Leader Dev. (Supplies to support volunteer efforts; leadership development for local leaders)
- Cozumel Clean Water for families (Supplies to build a home water purification system)
Community Projects and Organizations
- Cozumel Garden Project (Implementing gardens in family homes)
- Cozumel Scholarship Fund (College, Career training, Adult literacy classes, English classes)
- Cozumel School Project (Purchase of supplies or shoes needed for children)
- Cozumel Training for Women (Sewing skills classes, Home/facility repairs to learn to use tools, other topics)
- Cozumel Bible Blessings (Purchase and distribution of Spanish Bibles to various churches & mission efforts)
- Cozumel Youth Ministries (Supplies for year-round youth ministry programs, Bible School, special events)
- Cozumel Vida Abundante General (Specific needs for this church to support music & worship; men’s & women’s ministries)
- Cozumel Vida Abundante Land/Bdg (Matching funds to buy land and build permanent worship center)
- Cozumel Vida Abundante Pastors (Stipend for pastors’ family, cell phone credit, moto gas)
Friends of Cozumel is an informal network of volunteers and donors. We are not set up as a formal tax deductible organization in the US or Mexico. We also partner with Carrie’s Heart, a US based 501(c)3 non-profit organization that sponsors a project here in Cozumel to benefit children with severe disabilities that includes the Casita Corazon (Heart House), a home environment therapy and family resource center.
TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE A DONATION
Date: February 10, 2014