There are four ways to make monetary donations:
1. US Tax Deductible donation via check: Nacogdoches Community Church processes tax deductible donations for Friends of Cozumel. They provide written acknowledgement of contributions to all donors for their tax records and forward 100% of each donation to Cozumel mission work. There are no administrative fees.
C/O Hettie Legg
817 N. Mound Street
Nacogdoches, Texas 75961
2. Send a donation via Paypal
3. Send a check payable to Friends of Cozumel; 6130 Colt Drive; West Des Moines, Iowa 50266
Nacogdoches Community Church processes tax deductible donations for Friends of Cozumel. They provide written acknowledgement of contributions to all donors for their tax records and forward 100% of each donation to Cozumel mission work. There are no administrative fees.
4. Electronic transfer of funds to Friends of Cozumel.
- Note this will not be a tax deductible donation. If however, you want to make your donation in this way, please contact us for U.S. bank routing and account information and we will be happy to assist. (contact info is below)
5. Cash donations (not tax deductible) are accepted by Friends of Cozumel volunteers in the US or Mexico in US dollars or pesos.
- We can provide an informal written receipt upon request. Please confirm how the donation is to be used.
More about how Friends of Cozumel handles donations:
Our goal is to help families and organizations become self-sufficient not create dependencies on donations. We typically sponsor learning opportunities to help develop skills and/or provide resources needed versus giving money directly to families or organizations to ensure donations are used for the need identified and consistent with the donor’s intention. Example: When a cash donation is received to benefit a specific family, the money is used by our volunteers to purchase food, supplies or pay for school expenses for the children or whatever is specifically needed by that family. Then we deliver the donation to them. When cash payments are given to local organization leaders for a specific need (i.e. utility payments, purchase of educational materials), they sign a receipt when they receive the donation. They are required to provide a receipt for the product or services purchased from the vendor so we are able to document and track exactly how donated funds are used.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us via email or telephone. We want you to feel comfortable knowing your donation has been received and how it will be administered to benefit the children, families or organization you want to help.
THANK YOU! Your donations WILL make a positive difference in the lives of others.
Friends of Cozumel Volunteer
US/MX Cell: 515-249-3060
To review the donation listings, go to previous page